Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gaudiya Discussions Archives - Back Online

These are the reinstated archives of Gaudiya Discussions, the once mighty giant of online Gaudiya Vaishnava discussions, debates, history, theology, controversy and creativity. Browse the 3440 threads in 42 forums, unearth the treasures, escape the gremlins, and come out the other end a bit wiser than you were.


Some hated it. Some loved it. Some avoided it, not knowing what to think of it. It made an impact, and it deserves to be available for the future as an important attempt at exploring, experiencing and documenting the Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition.

6 comments:

Kshamabuddhi said...

That is mighty white of you. Don't tell us that deep inside the chunk of coal there is a tiny speck of something bright?

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

Actually I wanted to refer to some threads in a discussion at an ex-devotee forum. I realized it had been offline ever since the server change last year, so I did the obvious.

Anonymous said...

Radhe Radhe

Yay, after all the insanity and obscenities we saw of late here, it's again worth visiting your site.

Alhough I first contacted KC back in 1978, I was for the most part out of the loop of the GV community. And I didn't get to know until 2004 that there was more to GV than ISKCON or GM. Your archive will definitley make up for lost time. Thanks a lot.

Just curious, where is the location of the thread about the review of Pitambara's book?

Kind regards

Anonymous said...

Madhavadas

I normally would get a reply from you whether its negative or positive, so I am wondering why my question was ignored.

I was interested to see that thread again because that is where I posted my first and only comment on that forum.

Anyway, it looks like civility is a sin on this blog.

Still, all the best to you.

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

Not ignored, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. If memory serves, it's somewhere either here:

http://www.gaudiyadiscussions.com/forum_42.html

Or here:

http://www.gaudiyadiscussions.com/forum_53.html

One of these two usually had stuff like that. Google hasn't still updated its index fully so the search doesn't find everything yet.

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

Yes, in the second there's a thread about Pitambara Das with links to a related thread , that again links to one more. One of them should be what you're after.

Post a Comment