Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dr. Ravi Livingstone, I presume?

I've been sharing a house with a number of particularly cool animals since my return from India in November, all to be featured in due course.

Dr. Ravi Livingstone, a legendary adventurer and the coolest brown tailed grey parrot ever, happened to wobble across the path of my laptop camera today amidst making his burrow inside my pull-over, his favorite base of operations. It was hardly possible to not have it go on record. Sayonara, say no more. Ravi is world-class Zen.



Ravi is on record for flying once in his half a decade of adventures. Otherwise he navigates by jumping off platforms, making a crash landing and wobbling about to his next destination. And he's particularly effective in fast wobbling when there's food on the table, go figure. We're still working on the music lessons, expect to see a future installment once the baby-yoddling and space-beeps become more consistent and systematic.

Available also directly at YouTube: Dr. Ravi Livingstone, I presume?

5 comments:

Kshamabuddhi said...

This blog is for the birds!!

That is a very nice bird.
Kinda makes me wanna get a bird.

But, my dog Maggie would probably try to eat the bird.

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

We have a huge dog, Nandi, in the house too. The only danger is he might accidentally lie down on top of Ravi. Not on top of Nitai the cockatoo however -- he runs for life when his beak begins to approach.

Kshamabuddhi said...

Sounds like Nandi thinks that Nitai is Garuda.

I have a 22 year old son named Nitai Prasad.

If I got a bird I would probably name him Garuda.

By the way "Ananda", is Garuda, the carrier of Vishnu a male or female bird?

Surely you would know that.

You know everything........

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

We actually have a cockatiel called Garuda in the house, too.

Garuda the carrier I've always assumed a male, though come to think of it, I can't remember it specifically mentioned anywhere. Our Garuda, however, is a lady. With a capital L.

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

Here's a photo of our missy. =)

Post a Comment