Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reincarnation Illustrated

If you ever meet a Hare Krishna devotee pushing books on a street corner, this is the general picture you will get about karma and reincarnation, and the need to break free from the cycle of transmigration.


Here's  they forget to tell you when they are recruiting you into the ranks — until it's too late... Caveat emptor!


"I'm a tweet wittow biwd in a diwded cage; Tweety'th my name but I don't know my age. I don't have to wuwy and dat is dat; I'm tafe in hewe fwom dat ol' putty tat."

Tweety knows the deal, and this indeed becomes the natural position of a living entity in the Hare Krishna movement. Mind you, on this one I can really say that I've been there and done that!

4 comments:

Mr. Ananda ∴ μ α ω λ said...

Translation:

"I'm a sweet little bird in a gilded cage; Tweety is my name but I don't know my age. I don't have to worry and that is that; I'm safe in here from that old pussy cat."

- Tweety in Putty Tat Trouble

Anonymous said...

Tweety the spirit soul and Maya the Putty Tat. It reminds me of something in real life. Could it be that the soul is (but no, censored, censored, censored, this can't true). Can't be true because the souls are all female, aren't they? wasn't it so?

voyage2infinity said...

you are seriously a major idiot.

Kshamabuddhi said...

He is saying that becoming a Gaudiya Vaishnava is to become a ittle tweety bird, but he suffers from selective memory loss as none of the Vaishnava acharyas that contributed to the faith were tweety birds, rather more like Lions or Bulls.

Post a Comment